About Me

My photo
20-something American girl from Suburban Maryland/DC and transplanted to England in Spring 2011. After surviving a trans-atlantic relationship, I married my British better half in April 2011 and followed him across the pond! Wedding planning, immigration issues, and adventures in expatriatism! This blog has got it all. Please comment! :-D

20 May 2011

HUGE NEWS on Foodie Friday!

On my first weekly "Foodie Friday" special post, I have BIG news!

MY VISA HAS ARRIVED!!!
I dunno why I look sad in my visa picture, I am actually quite happy :)

This has been the longest 5 weeks of my whole life.  But at 22 business days, I was still under the 33 day average. 

Now to book a flight for next weekend and I'm finally off!  It seems so surreal.  I've been waiting for this day for what feels like a lifetime and now that it's actually here I don't know quite where to start!  Considering my room and the guest room look like Hurricane Amanda ripped through, I should start by organizing the mess into suitcases and/or giveaway piles!  Eeee I can't believe I FINALLY get to pack!!!

* * * * * * * * * *
Now, as promised--My first "Foodie Friday" post!

Wikipedia defines a "foodie"  as a person with a special interest or knowledge of food, a gourmet. I wouldn't call myself a gourmet, but I do love food and I love to cook and try new things!

Of the many types of food I thoroughly enjoy, cake is definitely one of them.  They come in all shapes and flavors, what's not to like?!  One of my favorites is Red Velvet.
Last night I made Red Velvet cupcakes with a yummy cream cheese frosting...



The red food coloring makes it look like a delcious surgery.  Nom nom.  Be jealous. 

The top tier of our wedding cake is red velvet!  I only have to wait 325 days to eat it.  I hope it doesn't get freezer burn by then! 
Ok for reals, time to get serious about this packing thing! Yay!

Love,
A

3 comments:

  1. Can you make us Red velvet cake when you get here!

    I'm looking forward to it.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I remember how excited I was when I got my visa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats. The waiting and not knowing is the worst part! You'll be on this side of the pond before you know it!

    ReplyDelete