About Me

My photo
20-something American girl from Suburban Maryland/DC and transplanted to England in Spring 2011. After surviving a trans-atlantic relationship, I married my British better half in April 2011 and followed him across the pond! Wedding planning, immigration issues, and adventures in expatriatism! This blog has got it all. Please comment! :-D

27 September 2010

This week's playlist...

I am a huge lover of music and its beautiful possibilities. I've always turned to music to help put me in the right mood...or get me out of a bad one. It's a distraction and a muse at the same time. Just in the mood for somethin' a little different, here's a few songs on my playlist this week. What's on yours??


"If I Die Young" by The Band Perry

If I die young,
Bury me in satin.
Lay me down on a bed of roses.
Sink me in the river at dawn;
Send me away with the words of a love song.
The sharp knife of a short life.




"Like a G6" Far East Movement

Poppin' bottles in the ice,
Like a blizzard.
When we drink, we do it right, gettin' slizzard
Sippin' sizzurp in my ride, in my ride, like Three 6
Now I'm feelin' so fly like a G6.




"Misery" Maroon 5

I am in misery.
There aint nobody who can comfort me, oh yea.
Why won't you answer me?
The silence is slowly killing me
Girl, you really got me bad,
You really got me bad.
And I'm gonna get you back,
I'm gonna get you back.

Why do you do what you do to me?

(BTW check out this music video, this lady just beats the crap out of Adam Levine for 3 minutes, it's pretty hilarious)



"New Perspective" Panic at the Disco

Stop there,
And let me correct it.
I wanna live a life from a new perspective.
You come along because I love your face,
And I'll admire your expensive taste.

Who cares?
Divine intervention.
I wanna be praised from a new perspective.
But leaving now would be a good idea;
So catch me up on getting out of here.




"The Only Exception" Paramore

I've got a tight grip on reality,
But I can't let go of what's a part of me here.
I know you're leaving in the morning.
When you wake up,
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream.

Darling, you are the only exception.
You are the only exception.
And I'm on my way to believing.




<3 Have a beautiful week
Amanda :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment