About Me

My photo
20-something American girl from Suburban Maryland/DC and transplanted to England in Spring 2011. After surviving a trans-atlantic relationship, I married my British better half in April 2011 and followed him across the pond! Wedding planning, immigration issues, and adventures in expatriatism! This blog has got it all. Please comment! :-D

16 September 2010

Thursday ramblings

Okay I have two very important discussion topics this evening. One, The Inbetweeners and how BRILLIANT of a show it is. And second, mosquito bites. Yea I never promised they would be related at all or make any sense whatsoever. Deal with it.

If you live in the UK or are an Anglophile like me, you know about The Inbetweeners. I'm in love with this show


It's the fictional chronicle of 4 friends at college (AKA high school plus 2) who are not quite outcasts but definitely not popular. Hence, they are "in between" the two social worlds. They are embarrassingly uncool which makes for terrific comedy. Plus the fact that British television is pretty cool with colorful language and subject matter, which I particularly enjoy. It's not uncommon (particularly on this program) to hear the F-Bomb dropped on national television or see someone's pale English ass on the tube. *ahem* I mean "arse"

The reason why this program has been on my mind is because I've been watching personal marathons of it on my laptop for days and finally got to see the new series release. I can't get this show out of my head, it's so entertaining. Plus I think that they are really relate-able characters. Everyone can identify with that feeling of not quite fitting in. Even now, I'm a grown lady now and I still feel like an "inbetweener" at times--never knowing if I'm saying the right thing or walking around with my skirt tucked into my underoos.

Plus it doesn't hurt that I think I have a massive crush on the actor who plays Simon Bird...

Oh baby, oh baby...yes, please! :D


Alright so as for my second topic, mosquito bites...
Picture this. I was minding my own business tonight, laying on the couch watching TV. Apparently a mosquito, trapped and starving in the house, took it upon himself to have a late night snack. Within a span of about 1 minute, it attacked my forehead, elbow, and leg. I saw the damn thing trying to feast on my leg through my hosiery. Stupid idiot. In any event, now I have 4 welts on my body. Before you see this insane pic, I should warn you that my body is slightly more allergic to mosquito bites that normal:


What the hell, mosquito?!
How am I gonna go to work like this...I look like I'm trying to grow a horn. :-/

This reminds me of the time that Kieran and I took a road trip and I got bitten to hell and back in Savannah, Georgia. Those suckers went to town on my legs. I was red and swollen and the only relief was sweet sweet Benadryl. Oh mama, that's good shit. Hmm...wonder if I've still got some reserves in the medicine cabinet.

:D

1 comment:

  1. This season premiere was, hands down, the best episode yet of the show. It was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete