About Me

My photo
20-something American girl from Suburban Maryland/DC and transplanted to England in Spring 2011. After surviving a trans-atlantic relationship, I married my British better half in April 2011 and followed him across the pond! Wedding planning, immigration issues, and adventures in expatriatism! This blog has got it all. Please comment! :-D

19 July 2010

First comes love, then comes the wedding venue

I'M IN LOVE! With a wedding venue, that is!

On Friday, my bridesmaid Rachel and I went to see Milton Ridge, the last of the wedding venues. Part of me was really hoping I would be apathetic so I would have an easy decision to make. But I loved it! So now the booking is prolonged for a week cause I have to take my parents to see it next weekend. I hope they love it as much as I do.





I miss my Kieran so much! I really wish he was here to help with the planning stuff. It's hard for us both to have to share info via emails and pictures. Not quite the same. But I'm excited to be visiting him in England in about a month. Nan and Grandad London are having their 50th wedding anniversary celebrations so I am coming for about a week at the end of August to visit Kieran and the family. It will be a blasty! Meanwhile, there is talk of a BBQ/Engagement Party in the works which is sure to be awesome.

Alright so I have to share a recent phenomenon that is blowing my mind. Ever since we got engaged, I have encountered so many English connections and British-American couples in random situations. It's like fate trying to tell me that I'm right on track. The guy who sold me my engagement ring lived in England most of his life. The manager of a venue I visited was married to a Brit. I happened to meet a British dude on a bike trail in the area a few weeks ago. More recently, I was selling a desk on Craigslist and the dude who came over to my house to get it was saying that his wife is English and they are moving back to England in the winter. (sidenote: why they wanted a uge desk hdesk when they are moving in 6 months, I do not know). Then my mom just called me saying she met a photographer at work who is English and his wife is American. And it turns out his family lives in the same town as Kieran.
What the heck is going on? If this isn't my guardian angels trying to tell me "yay! everything is going to be awesome!" then I don't know what it is. But it's entertaining me.

In other news, I am bored out of my skull and can't wait to start my new job next Monday! I have enjoyed some relaxation time, but too much of a good thing can lead to excessive sleeping and laziness. True story.

Take care, folks!

Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Seems really pretty.
    I've also come to the conclusion that nothing sounds douchey-er than an American using British slang. That's my parting wisdom lol.

    ReplyDelete