About Me

My photo
20-something American girl from Suburban Maryland/DC and transplanted to England in Spring 2011. After surviving a trans-atlantic relationship, I married my British better half in April 2011 and followed him across the pond! Wedding planning, immigration issues, and adventures in expatriatism! This blog has got it all. Please comment! :-D

09 July 2010

First Post!

Howdy!

It's been forever since I've blogged regularly...I'm a little rusty. I hope to keep up with this blog better than I have in the past. That's for three reasons 1) "writing it out" to preserve my own sanity; 2) to connect with other bloggers who are in the same boat; and 3) to keep family and friends posted when I'm move!

My life is going to change SO MUCH in the next 10 months and beyond! I'm getting married in April to the love of my life, Kieran, who just so happens to be a Brit. It's crazy enough to plan a wedding and wrap my brain around being a "newlywed," but I'm also going to be moving to England after the wedding. I can't wait!

My first hurdle is this wedding planning stuff which is really doing my head in already and I just got engaged last month! But as the months go on, the reality of my trans-atlantic move will really sink in! Taking one day at a time right now.

More updates soon! Thanks for reading!

Amanda :-)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the community Amanda! I've found loads of friends and support through blogging, as I am sure you will. Keep us up to date on all the planning. Will your wedding be on this side of the Atlantic or his?

    Oh and where in MD do you call home??? I am a fellow Marylander. ;) There are actually a few of us expat bloggers with MD/DC ties.

    ReplyDelete