About Me

My photo
20-something American girl from Suburban Maryland/DC and transplanted to England in Spring 2011. After surviving a trans-atlantic relationship, I married my British better half in April 2011 and followed him across the pond! Wedding planning, immigration issues, and adventures in expatriatism! This blog has got it all. Please comment! :-D

01 July 2011

FOODIE FRIDAY!

Happy July, everyone!

The end of this week has been a mixture of good and not-so-good.  My cousin Jenny had her baby girl state-side! Congrats!  A bit gutted I won't get to meet her til later in the year probably.  The weather has been marvelous.  I took a really nice run along the beach today barefoot, it felt great.

On the not-so-good end, I found out I was unsuccessful in the job I interviewed for.  Doodie.  Well, it's probably for the best as it wasn't exactly what I wanted to do and I got a weird vibe from the staff there.  Probably wasn't the place for me.  Still sending out loads of applications and trying to make connections with staffing agencies so I can get some temp-to-perm work.  Still chugging along!

Although the job news was a bit disappointing, my spirits were lifted when our friends dropped their 2-year-old off at our flat for us to watch her overnight.  She's so much fun, we had a blasty. 

So on FOODIE FRIDAY we accomodated our tiny guest with a crowd pleaser--spaghetti bolognese and veg on the side.  Needless to say, most of the sauce ended up on her face, hands, and bib but it was funny watching her try to "twist" her pasta like Kieran and feeding herself one strand of spaghetti at a time. 

Sometimes a childhood favorite is fun for adults, too

source
:-)

That is all.  Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment: